Corrugated / Stucco Embossed Aluminum Jacketing
Brand : Metal
- Unit Of Measure:
- Per 3ft Section
Corrugated Aluminum Jacketing / Stucco Embossed is made out of .016" smooth aluminum that comes in 3 foot sections. The inside of the aluminum pipe jacket is coated with a poly moisture retarder that provides an excellent resistance to moisture and has excellent abrasion protection during installation. The Stucco Embossed Aluminum Jacketing is cut and rolled to fit each size of pipe insulation correctly. Use the chart to determine the size of the jacketing needed for the pipe insulation that you are trying to cover. Aluminum jacketing is good for mechanical abuse and for weathrizing exterior pipes. Aluminum jacketing can be installed with either 1/2" drill screws or banding and seals (insulation fab straps).
ALUMINUM JACKETING SIZE CHART
Installing Aluminum Jacketing on insulated pipes is very easy when it is cut and rolled to the pipe size. Below are some key notes to remember during installation:
1. On horizontal piping, make sure the lap of the aluminum jacketing is pointing down to prevent any rain runoff from seeping in.
2. Fab Straps are usually specified to be placed every foot of piping making sure placement is close to the joints of two sections of jacketing.
3. On vertical piping, make sure the joints of the two sections overlap with the higher piece being placed over the lower piece. This will prevent rain runoff from seeping in.
4. On exterior pipes, all joints and laps should be caulked with aluminum colored silicone caulking.
5. An expansion joint should be installed on each run of pipe insulation. An expansion joint is a 6" to 8" overlap of two sections of aluminum jacketing that allows for expansion and contraction due to temperature changes.
* CHOOSE BETWEEN Corrugated or Stucco Embossed.
Love it! Easy to use, ordering more to update our production plants.
worked great wrapping my roof vent pipe to match my new metal roof