Fiberfrax Durablanket S (1/2" Thick)
Brand : Unifrax
- Unit Of Measure:
- Per Roll (2ft wide x 25ft long) 50sf/roll
The Fiberfrax Durablanket family of lightweight needled blankets are manufactured from Fiberfrax refractory ceramic fibers and provide effective solutions to a variety of thermal management problems. Fiberfrax Durablanket products offer superior insulating performance, excellent chemical resistance, flexibility and resilience. Fiberfrax Durablanket products are completely inorganic and so retain their strength, flexibility and thermal properties in many working environments, without the generation of smoke or fumes.
Fiberfrax Durablanket S is a premium grade product made from spun 1250°C ceramic fibers. The extra long spun fibers make it one of the strongest blankets available. This coupled with its superior resilience make it particularly tough and suitable for applications involving further handling or in difficult environments. PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA!
Roll Width: 24"
Roll Length: 25 ft
Square Feet: 50 sf
* High Temperature Stability
* Low Thermal Conductivity
* High Tensile Strength
* Resistance to Thermal Shock & Chemical Attack
* Good Sound Absorption
• Furnace, kiln, reformer and boiler linings
• Investment casting mold wrappings
• Removable insulating blankets for stress relieving welds
• Reusable insulation for steam and gas turbines
• Flexible high-temperature pipe insulation
• Pressure and cryogenic vessel fire protection
• High-temperature kiln and furnace insulation
• Furnace door linings and seals
• Soaking pit seals
• Furnace repairs
• Thermal reactor insulation
• Expansion joint seals
• Primary reformer header insulation
• High-temperature gasketing
• Glass furnace crown insulation
• Incineration equipment and stack linings
• Annealing cover seals
• High-temperature filtration
• Nuclear insulation applications
• Atmosphere furnace lining
• Field steam generator lining
Recommended Operating Temperature: 2150°F
Melting Point: 3200°F
UNIFRAX FIBERFRAX DURABLANKET S DATASHEET
Each unit comes in a roll that is 24" wide and 25' long. (total 50 sf per box). Material is 1/2" thick
*Warning: Wear a N95 Dustmask during handling (cutting) of this product to prevent inhalation of dust.
I called and spoke to product specialist for help. He directed me to the product I was looking for. He spent his time asking what Im looking for and using the product for. He recommended me Unifrax durablanket 1/2 inch thick with the right price. I would like to tell him, Thank-you.
I’ve been using this durablanket insulation for 3+ years, it works great in my weld department. We heat our parts to 600 degrees and maintain the temperature all day during welding operations, this insulation helps keep the heat in the part and protect our welders.
I often use a steel banding to help hold the insulation in place, it’s suprising that the banding stays at room temperature with one layer of 1/2 thick insulation betweeen it and a 600 degree part.
*Cameron, thank you for a great review and its interesting to hear about all the different end uses of the ceramic blankets ~BIP
This worked really well to redo the front of my outside wood furnace. The stuff from the factory had melted down.